Thursday, June 3, 2010

A confession

Dear World-

There’s something I really need to get off my chest. I really hope you can forgive me and not think any less of me because of it.

Yesterday, I ate a giant piece of cake. It was chocolate. It had lots of butter cream frosting. It was delicious. But, I feel guilty, terribly guilty.

I have an excuse. Ok, not really an excuse, I could’ve resisted, but I didn’t want to be rude.

You see, it was a coworkers last day at our company. She slaved over a big, delicious cake for us in honor of her departure. I had to celebrate the time we worked together by eating a piece of her cake.

It gets worse though. She also brought in candy. One of those awful bags that has a little but of everything. I ate 3 miniature Snickers.

And, 5 miniature Twix.

And, 7 miniature Milky Ways.

And, maybe it was more like 8 Snickers. Who’s counting anymore at this point?

Anyway, I feel awful. It shouldn’t have happened. The candy and cake caught me at a moment of weakness.

Then, because I felt so bad, I went out with a friend and split a bottle of wine.

I know. I’m a horrible person. I’ll try, no I will get better at resisting temptation.

Starting immediately.

Eh … how about next week? This week’s already been ruined with my lack of control yesterday.

Ok. You’re right. Starting immediately.

Thanks for forgiving. I will be spending my afternoon saying Hail Marys.

Sincerely,
The now resister of temptation

No comments:

Post a Comment