Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh, the heat!

It has been so ridiculously hot these past few days. Almost unbearably hot. The humidity is pretty awful, too.

I mean, you literally walk outside, and you’re sweating. It stinks.

Literally.

Not much going on in the weight-loss front this week. What can I say? It was a holiday weekend and there was lots of good stuff around all the time. It’s not that I really indulged in food this past weekend, just that I may have had that extra beer or two.

I’ll do a weigh-in next week and properly assess the damage (or rejoice in the achievement) then.

This weekend, I’m taking it easy. I have been just completely worn out this past week at work and it’s because I had such an action-packed holiday weekend. I feel like I should use this weekend just to relax and do nothing. I’ve also decided to stay away from the booze this weekend. It’s just empty calories I don’t need.

As of today, my only plans for the weekend are to actually get to the gym on both Saturday and Sunday, eat healthy, take Jax for lots of walks, and sleep.

I think I can handle that.

On a somewhat related note, Wisconsin bars are all officially smoke-free! My lungs are jumping with joy.

Lord knows I spend enough time in bars. I’m not a smoker, but I’m sure it affects me when I’m spending lots of time in smoke-filled rooms. So, I’m excited to breath in the fresh hair and not have my clothes/hair smell like smoke after every night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment