Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ready … set … focus!!

Alright, I’m back! It’s been a busy week. I had an amazing trip to NYC visiting a few friends. I was back to work on Monday, but so unbelievably busy. It was crazy.

But now, I finally feel like I am back into my routine and can begin focusing again on my weight loss goals.

With that said, I’ve decided it is time to set myself an ultimate goal. If I give myself something to work towards, I will work towards it. I checked out a BMI calculator to find a healthy weight for my height. A healthy BMI falls between 18.5 and 24.9. I decided I want to shoot somewhere between 19 and 20.

After a few quick calculations, I have chosen a final goal of *drum roll please* ….

115 pounds.

Now, the question is, how much more do I have to lose in order to get there. I weighed myself yesterday, and before I did it, I was really nervous. I thought the trip to New York would definitely have put a few pounds on me. I had my fair share of drinks and food when we were there. I definitely wasn’t eating as healthy as I usually do. I mean. it was a vacation after all.

Needless to say, I was prepared for the worst yesterday. But, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought. I guess all the walking and sweating (It was unbearably hot the whole time) really helped keep the weight gain down.

I weighed in at 129.2. So, I only gained about a pound on the trip. Feeling pretty good about that.

This leaves 14.8 left to lose. And, I’m ready to get it off! So, here we go. The journey begins.

On another note, if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s very important to set mini goals for yourself. It makes everything so much more attainable. I’m setting my first mini goal at 125 and hope to be there within the next three weeks.

I've also added a tracker in the left column of the screen. I'll continue to weigh myself weekly, but now we'll all be able to easily see the progression (or regression on a bad week).

Here goes nothing …

No comments:

Post a Comment