Thursday, July 1, 2010

Steps in the wrong direction

Unfortunately, did a weigh in yesterday and was up to 131.4. Don't worry, it was expected. I had too much fun this past weekend.

But, as I've said before. I believe everyone who is trying to lose weight honestly needs a few days every few months to be like, 'Ya know what, fuh-get about it this weekend.' I've worked hard and deserved a little treat.

However, I may have been quite gluttonous over the weekend. Not gonna lie.

Here's a rough list of what I shouldn't have, but did eat this past weekend: ice cream, burgers, whiskey, steak, beer, Saz's combo platter from Summerfest (If you're not from Milwaukee and don't know what this heavenly plate of fried goodness includes, it has the best mozzerella sticks in the world, fried cheese curds, and their famous sour cream and chive fries. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.)

So, needless to say, I made some questionable decisions about what I ate this past weekend. And, I probably shouldn't have indulged so much.

But ya know what, I did. Now, I have to regain focus and get back on track. So, here goes.

On the brighter side. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Spent lots of time at Sumemrfest. It was a blast. If you're not familiar with Summerfest, it's the largest music festival in the world. We saw a band called Thievery Corporation. They are this hippy jam band and were just a blast to listen to.

I love hippies.


Here's a picture of the crowd. Summerfest is filled with quite a few of these outdoor stages that all feature different kinds of bands. And the best part, except for one main stage, you pay the price of one ticket and can walk around and see them all. It's so much fun and there are always all kinds of different people, making people watching one of the best things to do there. At this concert, there were people in the crowd dancing with hula hoops and this crazy sticks. It was super impressive.


Here are the lovely ladies I went down there with, from left to right: Lauren, Kendra, Brianna, and myself. On a positive not, dancing all night on picnic tables does a number on your thighs. I was super sore the next morning.

Note to self: Dance more on picnic tables.


My brother joined us, too.

We had a horrible time. No fun at all.

Also, this past weekend was my company picnic at the zoo. One of my favorite things at our zoo is feeding the goats. Matt was helping this little girl out and sharing some of the food we got for her. It was pretty much adorable.

So adorable.

Good weekend for fun. Bad weekend for weight loss.

Oh, well. There's always next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment